Dear Parents, Students, Alumni, and Friends of the School District of the City of Jeannette,
We are entering an exciting time in the history of our beloved city and school district which spans well over 100 years. Recently, we have witnessed renewed growth and interest in development, business, and community engagement. It is with immense pride that I begin my first year as Superintendent in the School District that serves this community. I believe that in the rapidly changing world in which we live, public education must adapt to meet the academic, social, and emotional needs of our students. Through best practices, we must engage and educate our students in the present to prepare them for futures that are as endless as the imagination they bring to our classrooms.
With that in mind, it is imperative the Jeannette School District do the following:
* Provide all students an education that meets their individual needs as learners
* Foster and care for the development of the whole child including academic, social, and emotional well-being
* Establish high academic expectations for all student learners
* Understand that the greatest resources available to our district are students, faculty, and staff
* Provide opportunities for students to participate in extra-curricular activities including the arts, athletics, and clubs
* Expose all students to career and college readiness resources across the grade levels
* Provide an inclusive school environment that celebrates and promotes diversity
* Develop and foster partnerships that seek to engage parents and community members
* Apply technology as a tool for instruction to ensure student readiness and proficiency in a technology-driven world
Teaming with a dedicated group of faculty, support staff, administration, and school board, the school district will continue to work tirelessly to encourage all students reach their greatest potential. New programs and technologies are continually developed and implemented to ensure all Jeannette students, present and future, are prepared to fully engage in the world that awaits them.
Lastly, I want to thank you for the opportunity to serve this community and look forward to spending time with the children we all cherish so dearly. It is my hope that this school year is the best ever in the storied history of our great school district. Go Jayhawks!
Sincerely, Matthew Jones Superintendent