Google Classroom is a web-based learning environment. When logged into Google Classroom, students can collaborate with their peers and teachers. Google Classroom offers a digital safe space for students to view class announcements, access posted course content, view posted assignments, and turn in completed work. Only authorized users (students, teachers, and other designated staff members) have access to a Jeannette City School District Google Classroom. Google users outside the JCSD network are not granted permission to any JCSD Classroom.
Please see the attached letters from the building principals for specific information on accessing the google classroom for your student(s). If you are having difficulty with this process, please contact your student’s teacher who may be able to assist. If you are still experiencing an issue, the teacher will direct you to our IT administrators.
Please note student emails are typically first initial last name @jeannette.k12.pa.us, for example John Smith would be email@example.com. In rare cases, students with similar names may have a number or extra letter in their email name. Please ask your child’s teacher and they can provide you with a specific email.
Parents/Guardians should communicate with the teachers using their personal email, please email your child's teacher and they can provide you access to the google classrooms as well. Teacher emails can be found on our district website. www.jeannetteschooldistrict.org
Parents can access their child’s teachers’ Google Classroom in one of the following ways:
- From the school issued Chromebook, ask the student to login and launch the Google Classroom App. Please note that any activity in Google Classroom is documented under the student’s login and it would be inappropriate for a parent to communicate with the teacher or other students in Google Classroom. Parents should use their personal email to digitally communicate with the teacher.
- From any computer with internet access, click this link https://classroom.google.com and have the student login with their JCSD Google Apps for education username and password. Please note that any activity in Google Classroom is documented under the student’s login and it would be inappropriate for a parent to communicate with the teacher or other students in Google Classroom. Parents should use their personal email to digitally communicate with the teacher.
- As a guardian, you must receive and accept an email invitation before you can receive email summaries. Only teachers and administrators from your student’s school can send these invitations. You have 120 days to accept an invitation before it expires.
- The teacher or administrator emails you an invitation for a particular student.
- The teacher or administrator can send the invitation to any email address.
- In your email program, open your email invitation.
- Click Accept.
- If you’re not the guardian, click I’m Not The Guardian.
- You can choose the frequency of the emails, such as daily or weekly.
- You can unsubscribe or remove yourself from Classroom at any time.
Parent’s Guide to Google Classroom - youtube video
Google Community Resource Page
A Parent’s Guide to Google Classroom Slide Presentation